Monday 11 April 2016

Pacific blue socks

I am loving the sock knitting at the moment! The yarn I used was heart and sole shade 0164 which is basically blue, white and grey stripes. It is 75% wool, 25% nylon, so it it not the softest, but I have used it before so I know heart and sole washes and wears very well. I cast on 64 stitches on 2.25mm needles and made the most of the sock in rib. The heel is the half hankerchief heal and the toe is the long toe from the sock archetecture book by Lara Neal. I am very impressed with this book, it is well worth a look. I first heard about it from Danni from the little bobbin knits podcast. Which is also worth a look if you have not already. Anyway, here are my socks....  
 
This is more like the true colours, but I loved the background on the previous photo.
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. hi ellie, what do you knit with your mini skeins?

    ReplyDelete