Friday 13 February 2015

Hat and cowl to keep off the winter chill!

I saw these patterns in the February edition of Simply knitting and immediately fell in love! I used the yarn called for in the pattern as I loved the colours! The patterns are called Hillside and Windbreak by Amanda Jones.


I started with the hat. This was very easy to knit, it is not real fair isle, it is just slipped stitches, amazing! 


I moved onto the cowl, which is real fair isle. I was easier than I thought to keep the tension correct. 



Really pleased with the finished items. The wools are fantastic colours from the Wendy Ramsdale range. They feel lovely to knit, although slightly scratchy to wear. I think I am probably over sensitive, but I will be lining the cowl and hat in some lovely fleece.











No comments:

Post a Comment