Sunday 19 October 2014

Soldering irons and organza are the future!

Last weekend at the knitting and stitching show (Ally Pally) I bought a snowflake kit and a soldering iron from Kathlene Laurel Sage. Kathlenes display was so inspiring with a miriad of organza goodness. She uses a soldering iron to cut and seal the organza to make flowers etc. Kathleen was very helpful, she gave me a quick rundown of how to use the soldering iron. I was so excited to have a go, but did not get chance until this weekend. The instructions were really easy to understand, it took me about 6 hours to complete as I was faffing about a bit. Here is my finished snowflake decoration.....



I am definitely hooked to this technique. I have a hole host of ideas to make things using this technique. If you are interested is ordering your own kit see Kathleen's website... http://www.kathleenlaurelsage.com. Kathlene has kits you can order online and you can see lots of lovely things she has made.


No comments:

Post a Comment