Sunday 16 February 2014

Salamander bag

I used the same pattern as I used for the other swallow bag that I made up from some black jeans a few weeks ago. The original pattern was for a reversible bag  This time I used an old pair of black trousers and some red and black floral fabric. The red fabric was stabilised using medium weight vilene. I cut of a silhouette of a salamander and used this to make the appliqué (heat and bond technique). It was difficult to keep the detail sewing around the toes with satin stitch, but I think it turned out ok in the end. I like how the red and black fabric complements the plain black fabric.


I used the pockets from the trousers to make pockets on the inside of the bag, attaching them using satin stitch.



2 comments:

  1. Absolutely love this!! A really good way to reuse loved old jeans!!

    ReplyDelete