Sunday 15 September 2013

Free motion without fears!! Thanks to Linda Turner

On Saturday I went to a class lead by Linda Turner (organised by Norfolk Quilters). I had previously tried to free motion but I really needed some tuition. Linda was such a good teacher, she really made it a fun class. I did not realise how many things you need to know before you start, for example using the correct needle and thread. So here are some examples of free motion. They are just small practice pieces I am not making into anything particular. I am going to use them as a reference to decide what free motion pattern to use on future quilts. The top left image is a section i have turned into a book mark by satin stitching the edges. The first set of images are from my earlier efforts...


After some practice I felt it was getting much easier. I am much more pleased with the next batch..


I absolutely love it though and can't wait to do some on a proper quilt!!




2 comments: